Our Foster Care Ambassadors work throughout Louisiana to support children in foster care. We do this, directly and indirectly, by serving Louisiana’s foster caregivers, relative caregivers, and local foster caregiver associations. We connect foster caregivers with resources, and encourage collaboration through our Louisiana Foster Caregiver Mentor Program.
“You Care for Kids, We Care for You!”
|Baton Rouge, Southeast Louisiana and Greater NOLA|
Ms. Cassie Guillaume, M.S., LPC, TBRI® Practitioner
Foster Care Ambassador, Southeast Louisiana
1 (504) 233-3379
|Lake Charles, Lafayette, and Thibodaux|
Ms. Shalonda Thibeaux
Foster Care Ambassador, Southwest Louisiana
1 (337) 349-0040
|Shreveport, Monroe, and Alexandria|
Mrs. Margie Nielsen
Foster Care Ambassador, North Louisiana
1 (318) 215-7070
Louisiana’s statewide Foster Care Support Organization is an exciting partnership between Methodist Foster Care and Louisiana’s Department of Children and Family Services. Our Foster Care Ambassadors are working in all corners of Louisiana to enhance Louisiana’s foster care system by providing supports and services.
Goals of the Foster Care Support Organization
- Provide foster caregivers in Louisiana the support they need to care for children and youth who are served by DCFS through relationship-based services which are family-focused and child-centered.
- Decrease the loss of foster homes resulting from lack of support.
- Increase the self-reported satisfaction of Louisiana’s foster caregivers.
- Increase the number of caregivers who provide Quality Parenting.
- Increase the placements of children with kinship caregivers.
- Improve placement stability of children in foster care.
- Promote DCFS’ efforts to improve timely permanency for children in DCFS custody.