“You Care for Kids, We Care for You!”
* * * Foster Caregivers, download the Louisiana Foster Care Supports Directory!
Louisiana’s statewide Foster Care Support Organization is a new partnership between Methodist Foster Care and Louisiana’s Department of Children and Family Services.
In 2015, Louisiana Methodist Children’s Home created Methodist Foster Care because our organization is committed to creating, assisting, and expanding the array of child welfare services required by Louisiana’s children and families. Since 1902 we have actively pursued our mission to care for Louisiana’s children and families.
Today, we are especially excited to work with DCFS and create an organization designed to provide support to all of Louisiana’s foster caregivers and local foster caregiver associations.
Goals of the Foster Care Support Organization
- Provide foster caregivers in Louisiana the support they need to care for children and youth who are served by DCFS through relationship-based services which are family-focused and child-centered.
- Decrease the loss of foster homes resulting from lack of support.
- Increase the self-reported satisfaction of Louisiana’s foster caregivers.
- Increase the number of caregivers who provide Quality Parenting.
- Increase the placements of children with kinship caregivers.
- Improve placement stability of children in foster care.
- Promote DCFS’ efforts to improve timely permanency for children in DCFS custody.
About Methodist Foster Care
Methodist Foster Care provides three services to Louisiana’s community of foster caregivers. Our Therapeutic Foster Care program recruits, trains, certifies and support a statewide association of therapeutic foster homes for 130 children. In April of 2019, Methodist Foster Care launched a Kinship Navigator program designed to assist kinship caregivers. In October of 2019, Methodist Foster Care launched Louisiana’s Foster Care Support Organization.